Wednesday, April 18, 2007

Just Keep Doing


Happiness is elusive right now. I've been fighting depression. While I can feel the progress, I still have to keep telling myself to "just keep doing" things. It is still too easy to just blow things off. Depression is strange that way. It seems to be self generating in that once it gets started, you stop doing things, and then you get more depressed because things don't get done.

Taking pictures of flowers makes me happy.

Why am I starting a blog? I've been lurking around the blog community for some time. It's amazing the incredible range of stuff you can read about. I truly wonder about the motivation of some people to post the stuff they do. There is also so much of what is "human" out there, people sharing their lives to what appears to be, for the most part, a caring readership. So here I am. I'm not counting on people reading, but if you are, welcome. I'm not counting on sympathetic posts, but at least, please, no nasty ones. Maybe if I remain disciplined to post regularly, it can become part of my cure.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Your flower is incredibly beautiful. I hide in my camera too. Thank you for your kind words and I look forward to seeing more of you. I'm fighting to "just keep doing" too. Maybe we can all fight together? Welcome to blogland.

tm said...

Welcome to the blog world. I have personally found this place to be very theraputic. The people here are wonderful and excepting. I hope this place brings you some of what you need.
xo
TME